Military Solid State Drive (SSD) Feature Sets
This market need prompted Cactus to develop Military versions of our high performance, highly reliable Industrial 2.5" SATA III SSD and Commercial grade 2.5” SATA III SSD. We classify these products as our Pro Series.
The Pro Series 2.5” SATA III SSD come in both SLC and MLC NAND versions and have the following added features to meet the demanding military and government needs:
AES256 encryption uses a 256-bit key to encrypt and decrypt the data written and read from the SATA SSD. When enabled, the host system is required to send a key to the SSD to access the encrypted data.
Since it is a hardware encryption engine built into the controller silicon as opposed to software, the encryption happens on the fly and is extremely fast.
A jumper on the SSD can be configured to support a write protect or quick erase feature. When write protect is enabled, all host system writes will be ignored. When NSA 9-12 is triggered, erasure following this NSA method is initiated. Quick erase will erase all user data from the SSD.
The ATA security feature set has a password locking and unlocking feature and security erase feature. Using the security from this feature set will only erase the user data area.
- USA-AF AFSSI 5020 specification
- USA Navy NAVSO P-5239-26 specification
- DoD 5220.22-M specification
- NSA Manual 130-2 specification
- USA-Army 380-19 specification
- NISPOM SUP Chap.8, Sect.8-501 specification
- IREC (IRIG) 106 specification
- Humidity - 8% to 95% non-condensing
- Vibration - 20G, MIL-STD-883G Method
- Shock - 3,000G, MIL-STD-883G Method
- Altitude - 100,000 feet maximum
- Temperature (Operating)
- 910S (SLC) SSD; 0C to 70C Standard; -45C to 90C Extended
- 230S (MLC) SSD; 0C to 70C Standard
- SATA III (6.0 Gbps)
- TRIM Support
- NCQ w/queue depth of 32
- SMART Feature Set
- ATA8-ACS2 Command Set
- SATA partial and slumber modes supported
For more details on these or other Cactus products, contact us.