Cactus Technologies, Ltd. Launches 303 Series High Performance Industrial 2.5” Solid State Drives
Cactus Technologies, Ltd. today announced they have launched the new 303 Series of Industrial 2.5” IDE Solid State Drives which significantly increase sustained read and write performance without compromising the Industrial Feature set that customers have come to expect from the current 203 Series of products.
“The 2.5” IDE Solid State Drive is the latest release in our 303 Series product family and comes on the footsteps of our 303 Series CompactFlash launch in April,” said Sai-Ying Ng, President of Cactus Technologies Ltd. "As with our CompactFlash, there is not a product in the marketplace that can match the combination of performance, reliability and environmental specifications of the 303 Series 2.5” Solid State Drive.”
The 303 Series Industrial IDE SSD contain our new state of the art controller and allows us to offer the many high performance specs as follows:
- Capacity points of 128, 256, 512Mbytes, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32Gbytes
- up to 35Mbytes/sec sustained read and 20Mbytes/sec sustained write performance1
- Support for up to UDMA Mode 4, PIO Mode 4 and MWDMA Mode 2.
- BOM Control & Long Life Cycles
- >2 Million endurance cycles per block
- Optional extended temperature range of -45C to +90C
- Altitude spec of 100,000 feet
- Industry Leading ECC, Wear Leveling and Defect Management
- Flash Power Down Logic
- Write Abort Protection Circuitry
- 4 Million Hour Mean Time Between Failure
Joseph Chang, Vice President of Engineering, added, "Our 2.5” Industrial IDE SSD is becoming a popular replacement to “Industrialize” computing applications in rugged environments by replacing the rotating hard disk drive with solid state performance and reliability. Our 303 Series 2.5” SSD allows up to 32Gbytes of capacity with industry leading Ruggedness, Quality and Reliability.”