Cactus Technologies, Ltd. Launches 303 Series High Performance Industrial 1.8” Solid State Drives
Cactus Technologies, Ltd. today announced they have launched a new Industrial 1.8” IDE Solid State Drive in their 303 Series of High Performance Industrial Flash Storage Devices. The 1.8” Solid State Drives offer all of the Industrial feature sets of the larger 2.5” SSD but in a smaller physical size.
“The 1.8” IDE Solid State Drive is a new form factor and the latest release in our 303 Series product family. It follows our 303 Series CF and 2.5” SSD launches over the past few months,” said Sai-Ying Ng, President of Cactus Technologies Ltd. "Our 303 Series products continue to deliver high performance, true Industrial flash storage solutions to the OEM marketplace.”
The 303 Series Industrial IDE 1.8” SSDs contain our new state of the art controller and allows us to offer the same industry leading specs as our 2.5” SSD as follows:
- Capacity points of 128, 256, 512Mbytes, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32Gbytes
- up to 35Mbytes/sec sustained read and 20Mbytes/sec sustained write performance1
- Support for up to UDMA Mode 4, PIO Mode 4 and MWDMA Mode 2.
- BOM Control & Long Life Cycles
- >2 Million endurance cycles per block
- Optional extended temperature range of -45C to +90C
- Altitude spec of 100,000 feet
- Industry Leading ECC, Wear Leveling and Defect Management
- Flash Power Down Logic
- Write Abort Protection Circuitry
- 4 Million Hour Mean Time Between Failure
Joseph Chang, Vice President of Engineering, commented, "The SLC 1.8” IDE SSD allows customers with a need for a Solid State Drive, but limited space to ruggedized their applications. As with our other products we support designs worldwide and have created a great support site with Application Notes and Product Manuals & Brochures for our customer’s use.”