Cactus Launches New Industrial USB Flash Drive Product
Cactus Technologies, Ltd. today announced the launch of a new Series of high endurance and reliability Industrial Grade USB Flash Drives. Based on SLC NAND memory, the new 300 Series SLC USB Flash Drives offer capacities from 512MB to 32GB, firm BOM control and Long Life Cycles.
The new 300 Series Industrial USB Flash Drives have all of the features of our 100 Series UFD with the addition of higher capacity points, SMART Feature Set, 96-bit ECC and Encryption Capabilities.
Sai-Ying Ng, President of Cactus Technologies Ltd. said, “Since most USB Flash Drives are of low quality and reliability, Cactus is happy to offer a significantly more robust Industrial USB Flash Drive with SLC NAND, SMART Feature Set and Encryption Capabilities to Designers of Embedded OEM Systems.”
The 300 Series Industrial USB Flash Drive has the following features:
- Industry Standard USB-A Interface Flash Drive
- Based on SLC (Single Level Cell) NAND Memory
- Capacities or 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB
- Locked Bill-Of-Material (BOM) Control
- Powerful 96-bit/1KB BCH ECC and Defect Management
- 3000G Shock / 20G Vibration
- Long Life Cycles with No Design Changes
- >2 Million Endurance Cycles per Block
- Altitude spec of 100,000 feet
- SMART Feature Set supported via ATA Pass Through
- Encryption Capabilities
- 4 Million Hour MTBF - Mean Time Between Failure
Joseph Chang, Vice President of Engineering, added, "The new SMART Feature and Encryption capabilities of the 300 Series SLC USB Flash Drive offer a robust solution for Embedded Industrial OEM System Designers. Our technical team is available to provide OEMs design assistance for implementation of these new features.”
For over 10 years, Cactus Technologies has been supporting OEMs Worldwide with the highest reliability Industrial Embedded Flash Storage Products using industry leading controller technology and industrial strength flash memory.
Our Industrial products enable OEM’s systems to operate without a fault in the harshest and most mission critical environments. In addition, Cactus offers Commercial Grade embedded products based on MLC NAND, which have Locked-BOM and Extended Life Cycles for budget limited applications.