Cactus Technologies, Ltd. today released the new 230S PRO Series 2.5” SATA III SSD. Based on cost effective MLC NAND, the 230S Pro is designed for applications requiring hardware AES256 Encryption, jumper triggered Write Protect, NSA 9-12 or Quick Erase and/or ATA Security Feature Set.
Support for ATA generation I, II and III transfer rates of 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gbps ensures high performance. Available in capacities from 64GB to 640GB the 230S Pro 2.5” SATA III SSD uses the more cost effective MLC NAND for use in less write intensive applications.
Sai-Ying Ng, President of Cactus Technologies Ltd. said, “The 230S Pro 2.5” Secure SATA III SSD adds additional features to our successful 230S SATA III SSD. With high performance and reliability, the addition of encryption, erasure and other features makes this ideal for secure applications.”
The Cactus Technologies 230S Pro 2.5” SATA III SSD offers the following features:
- AES256 Encryption
- ATA Security Feature Set
- Jumper Triggered Write Protect, NSA 9-12 or Quick Erase
- TRIM, NCQ w/queue depth of 32 and SMART
- Industry Standard 2.5” SATA III SSD form factor
- 1.5, 3.0 & 6.0 Gbps transfer rates
- 64GB to 640GB Capacities
- Fixed BOM (Bill-Of-Material) Control
- Altitude spec of 100,000 feet
- Powerful Industrial ECC and Defect Management
- 3000G Shock; 20G Vibration
Joseph Chang, Vice President of Engineering, remarked, "The 230S Pro 2.5” SATA III SSD meets the price budget for applications where intense writing or extreme temperatures are not prevalent. Additional Military Erasure Features can be implemented upon request.”