Cactus Technologies, Ltd. Launches 303 Series High Performance Industrial 1.8” Solid State Drives —— Aug 22, 2008
HONG KONG —— (BUSINESS WIRE) —— Aug 22, 2008 —— Cactus Technologies, Ltd. today announced they have launched a new Industrial 1.8” Solid State Drive in their 303 Series of High Performance Industrial Flash Storage Devices. The 1.8” Solid State Drives offer all of the Industrial feature sets of the larger 2.5” SSD but in a smaller physical size.
“The 1.8” Solid State Drive is a new form factor and the latest release in our 303 Series product family. It follows our 303 Series CF and 2.5” SSD launches over the past few months,” said Sai-Ying Ng, President of Cactus Technologies Ltd. "Our 303 Series products continue to deliver high performance, true Industrial flash storage solutions to the OEM marketplace.”
The 303 Series 1.8" SSDs contain our new state of the art controller and allows us to offer the many high performance specs as follows:
- Capacity points of 128, 256, 512Mbytes, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32Gbytes(1)
- Up to 35Mbytes/sec sustained read and 20Mbytes/sec sustained write performance(2)
- Support for up to UDMA Mode 4, PIO Mode 4 and MWDMA Mode 2
- BOM Control & Long Life Cycles
- >2 Million endurance cycles per block
- Optional extended temperature range of -45C to +90C
- Altitude spec of 100,000 feet
- Industry Leading ECC, Wear Leveling and Defect Management
- Flash Power Down Logic
- Write Abort Protection Circuitry
- 4 Million Hour Mean Time Between Failure
Joseph Chang, Vice President of Engineering, commented, "The 1.8” SSD allows customers with a need for a Solid State Drive, but limited space to ruggedized their applications. As with our other products we support designs worldwide and have created a great support site with Application Notes and Product Manuals & Brochures for our customer’s use.”
Cactus Technologies is the designer, manufacturer and marketer of Industrial Flash card products using industry leading controller technology and industrial strength flash memory. Cactus Technologies, Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong and has sales and distribution channels worldwide.
(1) 1 Mbyte = 1 million bytes; 1 Gbyte = 1 billion bytes.
(2) Actual performance varies based on host system and application
The Cactus web site/home page address: http://www.cactus-tech.com.
CONTACT: Cactus Technologies
Cactus Technologies and the Cactus logo are trademarks of Cactus Technologies, Ltd., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are trademarks of their respective holder(s).
Tel: (852) 2797 2261
SOURCE: Cactus Technologies, Ltd.